ViolinWatch

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
-->
查看: 1127|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Does violin really need playing to open up?

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-22 15:31:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Want to discuss something on the physical and metaphysical side, perhaps even psychological and emotional, who knows!

Some maintain that violin needs to be played in order to maintain its acoustics properties.  That new violins need to go through some rituals in that regard.

Others, often famous ones holding famous dead ones' violin and claim they feel the previous owner left his sound on the violin.

Love to hear what you feel about it, your experience and if you have, any studies that actually look into this topic.

Personally, I don't know enough to say either way.  I do notice humidity plays a big factor in changing the sound but that is off topic.

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
沙发
发表于 2013-11-27 11:11:56 | 只看该作者
My two violins have different modes of starting up. The Colin-Mezin can be played immediately and has a bright sound and responds easily.  No warm up needed.
The other violin sounds raw for about 10 minutes and needs a lot of rough bowing before it comes to a fully round sound. My routine on the second violin is to play the “Orange Blossom Special”  which loosens it up.
However some of my previous violins depended on the weather conditions. Dry weather seemed the ideal however moist days were the worst and made sound production difficult and response sluggish.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|琴易网  

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 16:26 , Processed in 0.241668 second(s), 28 queries .