主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-20 14:17:31 | 显示全部楼层 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
What are y'alls thoughts on the super light, hollow core carbon Arcus bows?  I'm in the market for a new violin bow, and the super light quality of them appeals to me.  Primarily because I haven't played in about a year because of RSI/carpal tunnel issues.  So I'm hoping the light weight will minimize the strain to my hand&wrist.

They're a bit pricy for my budget though-I can afford to buy a mid grade one, but not so easily to spend the money unwisely.  Which is why I'm here, asking if they're actually fairly priced.  At this point, I care much more about the feel in the hand more than sound, if that makes a difference.

So!  What's the verdict on arcus bows?  Specifically the 4-5 grades, with the lighter models-if anybody has a lot of experience.

As to why I don't just play the bow I have, and see how I do?  Well, I was a violist with a difficult to play instrument, and a bow on the heavy side.  While I'm very satisfied with my violin...the violin bow is a $100 special that came bundled with a cheap outfit.  Oh, and it's warped terribly due to a careless roommate.  When I played violin pre-injury, I just used my heavy-ish viola bow, but I never considered that anything but a stopgap and always wanted a playable violin bow.  Well, now circumstances might be dictating that I buy a decent one instead.  I want to stack my bets as much as possible on being able to play again, which is why I'm willing to invest in a good bow, for minimum effort required to play.

I have 3 years of university study as a violist, if that slants your opinions any.  
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|琴易网  

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 02:15 , Processed in 0.122662 second(s), 26 queries .