主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-11-26 16:44:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
At the risk of seeming an nincompoop, I am puzzled by the string tension comments on various threads. I am under the impression that an A=440 is just that. A string length of any material that vibrates at 440 cycles will create an A pitch. I am confused about the 'high tension' comments regarding Evah Pirazzis and other strings. While I can discern differences between string brands, I attribute them to the material being used and the feel they have under my fingers. A gut core and a synthetic core have different feels, while the metal used for the winding is also a factor in the strings I use.

I would appreciate an explanation what 'high tension' versus 'low tension' means.                
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
沙发
发表于 2013-11-27 17:43:50 | 只看该作者
The tension is simply the force level applied to the string by tailpiece and peg. The higher weight of the string (per inch) the higher tension (at the same pitch).

Try to tune any string say one third down. The tension of the string will decrease. The difference between high and low tension string is, that the low tension string is lighter and therefore has a lower tension at the same (original) pitch,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
板凳
发表于 2013-11-27 17:45:10 | 只看该作者
The vibration frequency goes as the square root of the tension, so they are indeed highly related.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|琴易网  

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 08:32 , Processed in 0.241611 second(s), 26 queries .