ViolinWatch

标题: John Friedrich Violin [打印本页]

作者: learner    时间: 2013-11-26 17:08
标题: John Friedrich Violin
Are there any John Friedrich experts out there. I just located a 3/4 John Friedrich & Bro violin. It is very high quality and was antiqued at the time of making. The label said #15 Cooper Institute, New York. I am wondering if anyone can decipher the "Cooper Institute" part of the label. There is no sign of a "Made in Germany" stamp, so I think it may have been made in New York. No dates other than a May 6 93 penciled in underneath the bridge. I am also wondering if John Friedrich was making violins in 1893?
作者: ada    时间: 2013-11-27 17:47
My great grandfather purchased a John Friedrich violin for his son in 1917. I have the original invoice and the violin that has sat in a case for over 70 years. I am wondering what to do with it and don't want to get burned by someone trying to take advantage of us. How do we find a reputable appraiser?
作者: peg    时间: 2013-11-27 17:49
I have seen many Friedrich-labeled violins. I believe that with one exception they are various grades of German imports that Friedrich's shop finished. The one exception was at a recent Tarisio auction viewing. It looked quite different from all the others, I assume because Friedrich actually made it. I imagine that it would be more valuable than the German imports.

欢迎光临 ViolinWatch (http://bbs.violinwatch.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1